follow A Selection of Varied Topics

Friday, October 23, 2009

the times they're getting weird!

First off, welcome and thank-you to my newest follower, Laurel! :) it's great to have another "real-world" friend along for the fun!

We delivered the hapless goat to the buck this evening. Quite the escapade: tried to figure out how to transport a goat all the way to Monroe in a car. The metal washtub proving too small, we resorted to lining the back seat of the Focus with a tarp and inducing goatie to lie down in the back with me sitting next to her. It was a long, long trip but no slip-ups...except that my dad put the rope/leash on top of the car and we drove off without retrieving it. It is somewhere on the highway...but that is as nothing compared to some of the things we have lost off of car roofs ;)

Culinary class was remarkably scattered. To begin with Nate was in a good mood and sort of bounced around. He sets down in his chair and scoots in beside me, making funny noises the while; I give him a sidelong glance and we both crack up. Good times.
Took a test but that was only a short while of our 1 1/2 hour class. Finished up a herb-spread we made yesterday. Another girl and I who'd missed a lab earlier in the week went off in search of apples with which to make our "apple-birds". That search led us to the ceramics lab where one of the teachers was reputed to have large quantities of apples. Up to the jewelery-making room. Found the apple, and back through the rain to make our bird. You make little, successively-larger V-shaped cuts and slid them out, sort of, for wings and neck and such. Had to return it to the original donor who was much impressed :) even though the bird's head kept falling off. On the way back we skipped through the rain which was now falling in objectionable quantities.

Yah, good times. Also I did a facebook quiz which I deem worthy of posting here...warning, it's long :)


What is on your bed right now?
blanket, flashlight.

When was the last time you threw up?
when I was 5.

What's your favorite word or phrase?
I'd have to say *hilarious laughter*

Name 3 people who made you smile today?
[That is not a question. It should not have a question mark at the end.] Nate, Katie, random gorgeous dude in pottery class [which I don't take..we were in there looking for apples..long story] and he was so intent on sculpting, I know it's weird to say a guy is gorgeous but he was :)

What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
snozz...

What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Talking on the phone.

What is your favorite holiday?
I like Thanksgiving and Christmas. But I also like my birthday. [wow Josiah..me too!]

Have you ever been to another country?
England, Canada, Germany, Switzerland

What is the last thing you said aloud?
"There's tomato sauce there if you want it"

What is the best ice cream flavor?
vanilla

What was the last thing you had to drink?
hemp milk.....

What are you wearing right now?
plaid shirt and blue jeans.

What was the last thing you ate?
I'm eating right now...pasta :) with aforementioned tomato sauce

Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
oh yeah. epic red and black dress for the play! [Photo coming soon...]

When was the last time you ran?
about two minutes ago, to stir the spaghetti

What's the last sporting event you watched?
nope, I don't watch sports

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
England

Who is the last person you sent a comment/message on myspace?
Don't have myspace. but the last person I messaged on FB was Sophie.

Ever go camping?
only about every summer since I was born...

Do you have a tan?
Yes and no. [haha same here Josiah!]

Do you use smiley faces on the computer alot?
oh, but of course! :)

Do you drink your soda from a straw?
I don't drink soda

What did your last text message say?
I don't txt eithr

Are you someone's best friend?
I'm not sure...I'd guess so.

What are you doing tomorrow?
farmers' market, dance rehearsal

Where is your mom right now?
kitchen

Look to your left, what do you see?
lots and lots of County Fair ribbons...

What color is your watch?
black and silver

What do you think of when you think of Australia?
drought...

Ever ridden on a roller coaster?
Nope.

Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
I do NOT eat fast food.

Do you have any friends on myspace that you actually hate?
No. I don't have myspace.

Do you have a dog?
nyet

Last person you talked to on the phone?
Dallan

Any plans today?
play practice, take Starlight to the buck

Are you happy?
mmhm.

Where are you right now?
family room

Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
the new Facebook...or being sick..or the fact that most of my friends are sick...

Last song listened to?
Mamma Mia..love it! Dosvedanya mio Bombino by Pink Martini was also there...

Last movie you saw?
um..don't remember

Are you allergic to anything?
I don't think so.

Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
yeah...Sophie and Emily Harvey know the ones I'm talking about....lol

Are you jealous of anyone?
hm...i don't think so, actually. there are a few things i'd change about my life but I wouldn't want to be anyone else.

Are you married?
no...oh wait...YEAH! hehe

Is anyone jealous of you?
probably

Do any of your friends have children?
Yes.

Do you eat healthy?
heck yeah! ;)

What do you usually do during the day?
stuff.

Do you hate anyone right now?
not really.

Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
i don't think so.

How many kids do you want when you're older?
maybe 4 or 5

How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
18.

Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Nope.

How did u get one of your scars?
dude! so we were filming this one scene in the movie and I totally had to stand in the, you know, blackberry vines and my leg was like dripping blood all over and i go inside and the guys are comparing injuries 'mine was best' 'no mine was best' and i roll up my pants leg and they're all like "sweet! it looks like that A in star wars" or whatever and yeaahhh
I have no idea where that came from :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've decided. I like you. My reasons for commenting on this post (in particular) are as follows:

1) Friday the twenty third of October the year of our Lord two thousand nine, is not near or far, kind of the middle, hopefully, of now here.

2) No comments. No one, but you, is listening. Coincidently, what is "hemp milk"?

3) Trenchcoats draw the mind to the mysterious but also are an emblem to many of my generation of tragedy and horror. Are you familiar with the phrase "Trenchcoat Mafia"?

I realize you were probably six or seven. But I thought you should know if you don't.

Anonymous said...

Oh... I was right. Six? I thought you were older, like 19. My bad. I never can tell ages, especially of people I have never met. That was ten years ago?

They banned trenchcoats in school, a sad day. Most schools still have that ban in place.

Columbine, Colorado, a suburb of Denver. School shooting. Two guys. Klebold and Harris, perhaps?

Bethany said...

Well...*cough*. Apparently this was before SOMEBODY adjusted the settings on her blog so that all comments notify her with an email.

Hemp milk....heh. heh. heh. The hemp plant is a much-maligned and useful plant, whose seeds are a truly nourishing food [and free of hallucinogenic compounds]. Hemp milk, like almond milk or soymilk, is a slurry of these seeds in water. Quite tasty and full of protein, although it always leads to jokes from SOME of my friends...

And yes, I'm aware of the trenchcoat association. And regret it.
Although, they aren't banned at either of my schools, and I was rather shocked once to meet someone whose school DID ban them. I was probably about 6 at the time, yes. I do remember hearing about it at the time. May I just state, though, that I don't wear black leather trenchcoats, and I am not a guy, both of which facts apparently make me significantly less threatening or even claw-less.