follow A Selection of Varied Topics

Friday, October 2, 2009

Bethany luvs her town :)

After school today I lunched in town with Eva and had a splendid time. Very autumnal weather, chilly and rainy at times. Had turkey panini sandwiches and gelato, then ventured out and down the street to Grass Roots bookstore which is totally my favorite bookstore in town, I could spend all day there :)

Then walked cross-town, passing by a couple of alley-ways. They have poetry and photographs on the walls. Haiku, drawings of plants. The back wall of one store is painted turquoise....you'd never notice it if you didn't look down the alley. I LOVE MY TOWN.

Got asked for directions by a couple of Japanese tourists. Petted a couple of dogs.

Then we found this awesome little consignment shop that I have never seen before. [It's only been there for three weeks, so no surprise :) ] It's fabulous!! Nice, hippy-ish and modern things mixed, fun scarves, cute shirts, natural-looking, very Bethany-ish, lol. I got a nice little plaid faded rose and tan dress, I can hardly ever find dresses that I like so this was a happy day :)

And I'm seriously thinking about buying a MacBook. But should I go for refurbished and save a hundred bucks, and possibly experience the dreaded Random Shut-down Problem???
If you have a macbook, let's talk!!!!!! [I'm currently operating on a HP using Windows XP, aka Windows XD: hahaha why are you using such a piece of misery?]

Bethie is happy :) But wondering how you make the (heart) symbol on facebook chat. ???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Answer to the Fb question:<3 I think.

Kendra Logan said...

I was just about to say what Maggie said, lol! Yep, hearts are <3 that. :)

I live in a small town, too, and I love it! Although my town is way smaller than yours. And I live on the outside of it, so not much walking to cool places for me. *sigh*

When I get a license, though...

:)

Glad you had a fun day!

~Kendra

Josiah English said...

MacBook refurbished is good if you don't mind having a slightly older model. As for the shut-down problem, I wouldn't worry about it. They have a complete warranty for a year, and you can upgrade that to more if you want. I've never had problems with refurbs that I didn't have with the brand new ones. Then again, I like the most updated and modern computer if I'm going to get a computer so...

Scotland

Rachel Kimberly said...

Dittos to Scotland. And even if you're not too worried about it dying on you, back it up anyway. My MacBook Pro hard drive crashed a little less than two years after I bought it (new). And I didn't have it backed up, so I had to pay big money to get my data.