follow A Selection of Varied Topics

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dear dear dear. This is supposed to happen to people in books.

Yeah. My dad's pay got radically cut. We knew he had less classes to teach [and be paid for] than last year, but the new check only came yesterday.

And I was worried about getting a new computer. Now I'm worried about finding a job. The local nursery is not accepting apps.
I'm going to stop by Burger King tomorrow and pick up and app. This is easily the most humiliating moment in my life; I have often said [or thought] that I would rather do almost anything than work in fast-food. It's almost a moral thing, for me. But you do what you have to do.

Last night I was engulfed by a bucket of grapes [free donation from dad's school....do they feel pangs of remorse? Je me le doubt. But anyway...] I had to deal with them then and there or they would turn into wine, blech. With a truly Herculean effort, I made a pot of jelly [syrup, more like] and stuck some grapes in the food dehydrator. Baked a pan of apples, and a squash for the pumpkin pie which even now resides in the oven.

Well....here's to Tech Week which Kendra is enduring.....first snow over at Gwyniver's, and her horse chewed a hole in the stable......Ophelia posted about the horrors of curling irons.....good times all round.

I'm off, folks! I love you guys!

7 comments:

Danaphanous said...

indeed! Life is good...I hope you are able to find a job soon!

Bekah said...

Ah...sorry about that!
Grr! I would hate to work in a fast food restuarant! So boring! Tell me how it goes. :)

Bekah

hazel marie said...

Ugh. That's too bad! I'll be a pray'n for ya!!
~Gwyn
{You really were amused at my horse's behavior, weren't you? :P)

Kendra Logan said...

Ooh, definitely will be praying! Gosh, I'm so sorry :(

Thanks for the cheer about tech week :) Today was...tech-week-y, lol!

~Kendra

Rachel Kimberly said...

Oh, no! I'll pray, too!

Sophie said...

Oh ew, Burger King! You should be sure to apply other places too. Fast food could be a quick fix but if something better comes along, you can get the hell out of there! :P
Good luck, I'm job scouting too.

Bethany said...

thank you all!! :) :)

thank heavens I do Not have to work at Burger King; I really should update y'all on the job situation in a post...but Trader Joe's looks like a possibility. Still not my first choice but a whole lot better than fast food