follow A Selection of Varied Topics

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Epic times

The last few hours have certainly been interesting. Last night I did a bit of stretching and found that I can do the lotus pose, yay! Feeling like a piece of...eh..something limp....I took a nice hot shower and went to bed early, after a prolonged bout of attempting to pin down the rehearsal issues for this afternoon.

Around 4:30 AM I awoke and descended to check FB/email for communications regarding the possibilities of our dance instructor not being able to come to rehearsal. Dealt with another email and went to bed in a hair-tearing mood. Woke at a nice reasonable time [in the daylight, this time] and dealt with the inner New Ager [heheh] by a wee bit if stretching in the sun and breakfasted on herbal tea and plain yogurt.
Made a few calls regarding the infamous Theatre Business.

Off to market, where we bought a nice large winter squash.

On the way home we observe an unmistakeable "Garage Sale Today" sign outside of the palatial mansion where, local legend runs, the inventor of Round-Up resides when not plotting further assaults on the health of hapless weeds.
We never thought we'd get inside the gates, much less be pottering round discussing the merits of various roasting pans. Definitely posh....gilt-edged mirrors etc. But such an ugly, ostentatious house. And the yard [certainly treated with the family specialty] was painfully landscaped.

I am going to spend the rest of the day being glad I do not live there!
We bought the best thing there, a jumbo-sized tea-ball and also a nice metal platter. I couldn't resist posing in front of the perfectly manicured shrubbery, in perfect butler-style: We shall call this "Phipps, my buttonhole please"

4 comments:

Lady Brainsample said...

Were you quoting from Oscar Wilde? Or am I sucking that reference out of my finger...

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great weekend! I don't like it when important dance things are cancelled!

Bethany said...

yes it was an Oscar Wilde quote haha, I wondered if anyone would catch it ;) I went to this awesome amateur theatre performance of 'An Ideal Husband" that some of my friends put on and quote bits at random.

Thanks, Maggie! :)

Logan said...

Every time I try to sit in Lotus position, I either end up looking ridiculous or hurting myself...