follow A Selection of Varied Topics

Monday, October 19, 2009

I believe I'm starting to 'Oink'

Yes, I have the dreaded flu. Probably swine flu as there's no other sort about this early in the season.

I'll give you the run-down on all the joyful manifestations. :)
Yesterday morning my throat felt a bit wacky, nothing to signify. It progressed somewhat. I spent the afternoon in bed and felt much improved when I woke at 4. Came downstairs and did soem computer stuff. By 6 I had the classic aches. And fever. Went to bed very early and spent the night tracking my climbing fever. Heart pounding so that the bed seemed to shake. Dizzy. Pain. Thankfully the sore throat was not too bad, I do so hate sore throats. I'm a bit better today but I plan to spend the day in bed and not eat anything.

So: fear not, peeps! The flu is not as bad as it's cracked up to be :)

However I am not looking forward to dealing with homework from culinary class, and biology, and rehearsal rescheduling.

7 comments:

Calico Zak said...

Too bad.
I've never had the flu or chicken pox for that matter.

Hope you get well soon.

~Calico Zak

Rochelle Blue said...

oh no! I hope it's not swine flu! feel well soon!

*hugs*

Einar said...

Will pray for you, hope you get better.
I think pig flu rolls off the tounge better, to quote rush limbaugh:)

Kendra Logan said...

Aw, praying!

~Kendra

Rachel Kimberly said...

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon!

My younger cousin has the swine flu, and she's at more risk than most people because she has had heart surgeries. She's the only person I know really well that's gotten it, though now my brother is feeling sick, too.

Ack, germs! Stay away from me, everyone!

Danaphanous said...

I remember...hope your feeling better this morning at least!

...It's no fun when my friends are sick... *frowns*

Bethany said...

thank you everyone for your hugs prayers and good wishes!! :) :)