follow A Selection of Varied Topics

Friday, September 11, 2009

Yep

Well you're all waiting for me to say something, aren't you.


I'm taking classes for college credit at a local high school, is all. Culinary Arts and theatre. The CA class is for College Now credit---how awesome is that, credit for learning how to cook! I was just going to take the CA class but today [first day] after I discovered that the jewelry-making class I'd signed up for was filled, we decided theatre would be cool. The peeps in theatre are SO friendly!! Maybe it's a symptom of theatre-peoples in general, I don't know.

So today was my first day. Rather intense. I was dropped off at the appropriate time only to discover that due to the r a n d o m schedule, I only had culinary today and that wasn't for another hour. I trotted back over to the main building and chilled in Counseling and Accounting. I've gotten mighty familiar with that room, that was where I waited many times on Wednesday and Thursday whilst we were figgerin' out my schedule.

Later, whilst talking to the theatre teacher I was getting more and more excited, I think I've found my niche. Stopped in at Staples for supplies.
I do so love rolling-ball pens. Not ball-point, which I loathe. I found a lovely 5-pack. Mmm.

And thanks to the latest follower, the awesome Lady Brainsample, a fellow theatre chick! Check out her blog Cease Repining!

I am in the middle of baking my birthday cake. The usual plans to bake it with my grandmother fell through, owing to a severely disrupted house due to major renovation. I love carrot cake!!!!!! It's been a birthday tradition as long as I can remember.

Yep. It's been good. Don't expect anything more out of me for a while. Big party tomorrow.

6 comments:

Cassandra said...

Happy birthday! How fun to be taking Culinary Arts!

Blessings,
Cassie

Unknown said...

A very happy birthday! :) Carrot cake is my birthday tradition as well! My favorite kind too. Anyway, I hope your birthday is a lovely one! :) Good luck with the classes. I hope all goes well for you!

Kendra Logan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! The classes sound awesome!

~Kendra

Lady Brainsample said...

YAY for theater classes!! And have an awesome birthday!

Rachel Kimberly said...

Happy Day of Your Birth!

Bethany said...

Thank you dears!! :)