follow A Selection of Varied Topics

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Did you want the last of the Brie...? The last! How much was there?!

Drove to Eugene today. We went to Borders Books, and Trader Joe's [the two main attractions in Eugene]. At TJs I selected a nice creamy Brie, and a carton of Greek yogurt with honey. I managed to consume the greater part of the [sizeable] chunk of Brie on the way home, with chips.

When we got home there was a flurry of calls regarding various theatre affairs. My mom, picking up the phone for the third time, said "Bonjour", assuming it would be for me. It wasn't; it was somebody else entirely. I went into hilarity.
The upshot of it was that my friend and co-conspirator Eva is coming over in half an hour, to discuss matters, before I head off to FOLK DANCE!!!!!! The first folk dance in quite a while. Yayz!

I am trying to decide what to wear to folk dance, too: my [current] red plaid wool skirt [one would think it would be too hot, but it's pretty short] with grey t-shirt, or perchance one of my long plaid shirts over my hand-distressed blue-jean cut-offs. Hmm....we must consult with Vienna on this.....does anybody else on here read Pogo Possum cartoons??????!!!!!

I just had the most fabulous idea for another award, too. :)  For all Sydney Carton/Tale of Two Cities fans [particularly fan-girls :P] out there! Coming soon to a blog near you!

6 comments:

Danaphanous said...

well I'm not a girl but I love A Tale of Two cities...the Scarlet Pimpernel is still one of my favorite characters...come to think of it I'm not esp fond of Brie though. I guess it's just my moldy cheese prejudices acting up hmmm? ;)

Unknown said...

I am following your blog!

Bethany said...

Danzibar---hm yes, Brie is the only moldy cheese that I like...my dad adores blue cheese, and sometimes he gets some truly foul-smelling stuff. At the faintest whiff of it I blanch and leave the area. It gets really mature-smelling after sitting in the fridge for a week or so.

Eruanna--thanks very much! :)

Jackie said...

Hi!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Nice to meet you! :)

Jackie

Bethany said...

You're welcome, Jackie! Nice to meet you too! I couldn't resist telling about that powder room in Montana.... :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for cheese info.