follow A Selection of Varied Topics

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

turning up the heat!

We just got back from a day-trip to the coast. We decided it was well worth-while to escape the valley heat on the hottest day of the year!

The trip started out with my dad holding not one, not two, but three stalks of celery [with leaves attached] in his mouth whilst attempting to speak. [He told me to include that bit of trivia.]
Also in the picture were two of his thick sweaters. Yes, it was about 80 when we left but we always anticipate the coast to be cold. Oh yes, and a wool hat. We were nothing if not prepared.
I had specially picked two new songs from iTunes for the occasion.
That was when I got up at 5:45 this morning. I had gone to bed early, so as to be able to rise before the sun and garner a few hours in which to function without dripping with sweat
Took some nice photos in the wheat field across the street, of the sun rising swelteringly from a dusty haze. Practically as soon as the sun rose I could feel it warming up.










Here's a nice self-portrait! hehe







Pottered about Newport, Lincoln City, and other coastal areas. Nothing greatly out of the ordinary happened, save for a few humorous encounters with sundry enthusiastic dogs.
Here's me on the beach.



I am not doing anything, well, just sitting in front of the computer moving my fingers, and occasionally shifting, to avoid sticking fast to the chair...anyway, scarcely moving and there is a slow mist of perspiration forming on my brow! Ugh.
Fare-thee-well!


3 comments:

Josiah English said...

Cool pictures! You're right about humidity being bad, but at least with the rain we've been getting (and let me tell you, it's a LOT of rain!! flooding in some of the streets!) it's finally cooled the temperatures a bit. 71° right now, high of 84°.

Rochelle Blue said...

stunning photos! especially the one of the sunrise... very magical.
I hope you enjoyed my unshcooling post =)

xoxo
rochelle

Bethany said...

Thanks! hehe I like taking photos!

Scottie, glad to hear things have cooled down there! flooding, yowps.

Rochelle, I did enjoy your post! :)
I'm more of a traditional homeschooler--although my parents are a lot less strict schoolwise than most homeschoolers I know!
I've just in the last year met a group of unschoolers, and I've read most of Teenage Liberation Handbook and agreed with most of it. Very intriguing.