follow A Selection of Varied Topics

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

and it's a record-breaker!!!

It's official: Yesterday's temp was 108, which ties with the all-time hottest-in-my-town record set back in 1981.

The newspaper said we could have been cooler in Miami, Houston and a place in Saudi Arabia.
A few animal events have been postponed at the fair, til later in the week.

My animals are well provided with water but they are still suffering. As are we.
It's actually kind of fun, for a change!!
Wednesday farmers' market is today. We need tomatoes really badly. I can't believe it was just a week ago that I did a very long post about going to town, and "Food Inc". Anyway, market runs from 3 to 7, and we have to decide whether to go right at 3 to get the best selection, or wait until it cools down slightly.
I just found a really good song, "Shuttin' Detroit Down", about the economic slump. Now I don't like Detroit, for one reason and another, mainly due to a rather ghastly sojourn there two years ago when our plane got rerouted to there, because of a tornado at Chicago. We spent an hour on the tarmac, in the plane, watching storm clouds getting closer, then a few more hours at Detroit airport, then a 6-hour nocturnal bus ride to Chicago through classic rust belt urban desolation...anyway, Detroit is not my favorite place. But it's a good song, if you like country music, which I do. I posted the chorus in the sidebar [look right!]

And there were 4 more cases of swine flu confirmed in my town recently. Oh-be-joyful.
September 30th, here we come.
We don't need no education
We don't need no force-control

Will you take the vaccine??? We're here from the goverment, and we're here to help you.

As one of my friends said a long time back, jokingly, when I was discussing how I was swamped with one thing and another, "Don't die, Bethany! Don't die!"

No comments: