follow A Selection of Varied Topics

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

tag!

got a tag from Olive Tree, thanks! :)


Do you like to write? ooh yes!

Favorite books? well go look at my profile why don't you...right now it's Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, all 6 books in the trilogy :)

Do you compose music/write songs? not much.

Do you like poetry? Love to write it sometimes, mostly when I'm feeling emotional. I don't really like reading most poetry, except Tolkien and Danzibar's stuff :)

Love someone so much who made you cry? yes.

Broken a bone? Nope. I did sprain my toe once though!

Been in a police car? No. There was the one time my friends were talking about how we'd bail each other out of jail with the random crud (lip balm, $3.25, rubber bands and such in my pockets.

Been on a boat? yep. Ferries mostly, and also the model of the Mayflower, and a house boat once. I've crossed the English channel

Fallen asleep in school? no.

Did you sing today? nope

KFC, Popeyes or Church's? eck....fast-food....NONE!

Chick-fil-a or What-a-burger? the author came from another part of the country I think ;)

Starbucks or McCafe? Starbucks.....I don't think I've ever been in the one on our town though....if I went in, it would be for the wi-fi.

What's your favorite time of year? awk! hard one...summer...fall....winter if it's sunny...spring, not so much.

Do you ever talk to yourself? oh, but of course! I did tell you about the one time I had a latté and was gibbering to myself for hours.....

Do you have a favorite treat you like to buy on occasion? Seattle Chocolates! oh and raw goats' milk. Or maybe those awesome organic cinnamon rolls that Sunrise Bakery makes YUM

Do you believe the Bible is the literal Word of God and is infallible? yes! although I have to say, I have trouble accepting parts of the Old Testament :'(

What's your favorite sport? non-sport-sports...dance...horse-back riding....if I had to take a sport in school, I'd go for wrestling, I think.

What color is your iPod? I don't have one. If I did, it would be green or silver. My SansaClip is red.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? England, of course. Mmm...Glastonbury in September...or in the snow...or White Horse Hill on the night of the full moon in summer

If you could go to any fictional place, where would you go? Awk! Middle-Earth of course!

Do you love to write or do you just like writing? love.

What do you want to be when you grow up? maybe a writer....or something in the theatre or film area....farmer...Montana organic cattle-rancher...then again, computer programming looks better and better...

Favorite animal? goatems!

Favorite song? far too many to name. Right now I've been listening to a lot of 30s swing by Django Reinhardt...Limehouse Blues was the overwhelming theme for Two Top Hats :) Then there's Gaelic Storm....anything by Gaelic Storm...or Flogging Molly.....country...Tim McGraw!!!! <3 (Just to see you smile, He's only Jesus, Everywhere) ....Copperhead Road....Band on the Run....Back in the USSR...Mamma Mia...Dancing Queen...Una Notte A Napoli....

Do you like school? Not really. depends on which part.

Are you a people person? yes!

Do you like to talk? Less now than I used to. love to talk with my friends.

Favorite food? cheese!!!! pasta! carrots! pizza (homemade...or from Big River restaurant, now that's classy), pecan pie, apples, raw goat milk, really good hazelnuts

Hobbies? hobby is such a petty-sounding word....specially for the high-brow things I do in my spare time. Reading, computer programming, fencing (when I can), writing of course, theatre, film-editing, gardening

Favorite author? Tolkien, natch

Favorite weapon? AHHH! Oooh yeah! *insane laugh* That's depends on how much time you have...I always carry a Kershaw flick-knife with me but that's more of an omni-tool. Now for choice I'd go with one of the big hunks of metal i have lying around....nice sizable straight hunting knife. For sheer style I'd go with a sword...probably a rapier or sabre, something light enough to wield easily but with a nice amount of power behind the slash. Maybe a short-sword.
For real-life defense I guess guns would have to figure into things. Prob. a small-calibre handgun of some type. And there are things to do with a piece of wood that would make you cringe. Actually anything can be used as a weapon.

Is this a fun tag, or are you getting bored? I like!

Do you like Hannah Montana and all those girly people and movies like High school Musical? CACK no. Perish the thought.

What are you scared of? being sick. not being able to defend myself. economic and societal meltdown.

Favorite flowers? Roses. IVY.....

What is the expression on your face? Usual in-front-of-computer face, getting bumps over my eyes ;)

Color of your eyes? sort of grey-green. used to be blue.

Who are you going to tag and why? aww darn, is it over? :(

lessee:

Kendra because we are eerily similar and she likes tags :)
Einar because he's one of the handful of people who regularly comments on my blog
Eccentric Simplicity because I know her in real life AND because I can never ever ever spell her name/website right, lol
Gwyn because I still haven't done the awesome tag she gave me a long long time ago...heheh
Ophelia because she had an awesome post about edged weapons the other day!

I'm not going to bother to go tell all you peeps that you've been tagged, let me know if you did it tho :) and other bloggers, feel free to do this tag too!

I really have to make my own tag! The "Bethany Tag"!

2 comments:

Einar said...

Hmmmmm....this should be interesting....
Thanks for the Tag Bethie! I actually have time to do this one now.

Einar said...

Ok, I gotta ask: "And then the slugs came"?
Please explain, this one has me up at night.